(1) To establish a Not-for-Profit organization for the purpose of preserving and studying Eurypterus remipes — the state fossil of New York.
(2) To preserve and explore the Fiddler's Green Formation in Herkimer County, New York, which is the location of the world's finest eurypterid fossils.
(3) To develop a permanent museum and research-and-study center on the land surrounding the fossil site.
(4) To set up educational and laboratory facilities for the purpose of training students interested in learning the art of fossil preparation.
(5) To preserve the area's natural ecology, and to continue our ongoing ecological programs (tree planting, etc.).
(6) To facilitate enhanced communication among the scientific, commercial, and public sectors regarding the development of the site for educational purposes.
(7) To establish a network of the educational sites in New York State to encourage ecotourism.
For more detailed information, please see our "About Us" page.